How to push properly – how to counter push
first of all there are two types of pushing, mass pushing and split pushing.
It is getting a lot of pushers and keep pushing no matter where the other team is, it can go pushing throw fighting and it is usually very good in fights early stages of the game.
- A lot pushers combination are needed.
- very effective early game but very hard to win late game specially against late game carries.
- need to go 5 together in order to push properly.
- can go 4 pushers and 1 late game carry and give him room to farm early throw pushing, but can end up failing with pushes and failing late game also, so it will be a bit tricky strategy.
- how to counter it: anti pushers can enjoy playing a game against this strategy lineup, easy to get kills and nearly impossible for pushers to push early, which gives advantage to the anti pushers after winning a fight mid/late game.
- pros: very effective early/mid game and can get a very easy win if played right.
- cons: can get noticed by the enemies after a couple of picks and they will pick anti pushers and win easily.
It is pushing the towers with 1 or maximum 2 heroes and the other teammates are fighting the enemies to distract them from defending.
- can be done with 1 or 2 good split pusher heroes ( ember, beast master, nature’s prophet, … etc).
- needs a lot of vision and good team fighting allied so they don’t lose the fight very hard as 4.
- one very good move here is to try to cancel enemies TP to open the road for the split pusher without getting any interference.
- according to the previous tip, it is very good to get high range disable ( kunkka, veng, …etc ) to prevent enemies from TP.
- always try to cancel the anti pusher TP.
- you can engage in a lost fight in order to get rax or something instead, but remember to always get very good team fight heroes who can fight as 3 or 4 against 5 ( ursa, abaddon, axe, … etc)
for each strategy pros, cons and how to counter check out the full dota 2 pushing article, when to push and when to rosh, and much more